Saturday 20 February 2010

OK, a long time starting these blogs but I have plenty of excuses.

Since Christmas I have had the dreaded virus bug thing that’s caught many people across the country unawares, and unable to shake off. It’s a sort of flue, heavy cold, chest infection, ache all over bug virus that lingers on, making sleep a catch it while you can pastime rather than a necessity at the usual times of through the night. The coughing is the worst part and which my Doctor said was unavoidable because being a virus, no anti biotic tablets taken would help. Brilliant…not!!!

Then one morning a short while ago I awoke to find my eye had all but closed. After seeing my Doctor, he said I had ???? - it was some word about 35 letters long and was the result of me being generally worn down due to the virus. However, he gave me a prescription of strong anti biotic pills and eye drops that not only cleaned up my eye but finally got rid of the virus! Whoooopeee.

That brings us to the other night. A regular run of the mill dart night with my team being away and we headed off to the Woolpack Inn.

When I got there, everything was OK for almost 10 minutes…….that is until I stepped out of the pub for a quick puff, and then in a split second found myself face down on the tarmac. I had slipped over and landed half in the driveway to the pub and half on the garden - which was very very muddy.

My glasses were broken, and so is my nose. I twisted my left wrist, and bashed my right elbow. My knee on the left leg also took a bang and several cuts and scratches all added to the accident.

But, do you know what the worst part was? It was me looking like a baby Hippo who has just had a great time rolling about in the mud. I was covered from head to foot and a cut across the top of my nose added to a mixture of mud left me looking like I had been run over by a tractor in the middle of a farmyard.

Then I had to go back in the pub and face the darts teams…
All eyes were on me as I walked in and you could have heard a pin drop.
WHAT THE F*** happened to you, someone shouted out.
It was Zulu’s, I said, thousands of them!

After the realisation that I had just fallen over like a drunk in the mud, the darts teams were very sympathetic…. Not! I think some of them are still there rolling about on the carpet. I got the same sympathy at home when I walked in our pub (one of the lads ran me home, well I couldn’t stay there like that could I) and when the laughter finally calmed down the realisation that I was also injured, finally I did get some genuine sympathy.

I have a nice black eye now, a sprained wrist, and god know what I did to my elbow but its black and blue and hurts like sin. So does my knee and I reckon I could have got hurt less by being run over.
Overall I think the whole thing was very funny. It amused all the darts players anyway, and to be honest it was a funny incident that happened out the blue and totally unexpected.

But, I am now laid up yet again and typing this is a struggle.
OK, this is not a good start to these blogs but at least I have started. Next blog is about Alan Evans which will be up very soon.

Catch you all laters…..